Thursday, January 1, 2009

End of Year Wrap-Up

Last year on January 1st I started my blog with this brief post…

It's the new year. Time to reflect on the past and look forward to the new year. My hope for this year is for simplicity and joy. If you know anything about me the simplicity thing will be a challenge. Along with everyone else I have dreams for good health (that's code for losing weight), financial prosperity (eliminating debt) and renewed spirituality (growing closer to my Father in Heaven.) Along the way I hope to have many adventures with my little women and my best friend and husband. I will do my best to chronicle it all and hopefully this time next year I will have told a wonderful story.

Well, 365 days and 108 post later, I think we have told an amazing story.  It’s filled with ups and downs, tragedy and triumphs, fabulous adventures and silly thoughts.  It has been one of my favorite things to do this year, an obsession really.  An obsession that I feel good about.  Every time I sit down to blog, I am so excited to record my family’s history for not only my current readers, but for future generations.  I can just picture my great, great granddaughter sitting down to read about my crazy life and my heart just melts.  What a way to connect with them. 

I am also grateful for the relationships that have been a result of this blog thing.  I have reconnected with old friends, made new friends and got to know existing friends even better. I have been able to share my life with family that's far away and vice versa.  It’s wonderful, I feel like I get to climb right into everyone's head and see what’s going on up there.  Things are said that would never come up in everyday conversation.

This year, I am committing to do the same, only better.  Lately, I have felt the pressure to blog only the good stuff, I don’t want anybody out there to see the messy details of my life.  But that’s wrong!  To be true to myself, I am not going to paint just a pretty picture, I am going to paint a real picture.  So buckle up, we are in for a bumpy ride!

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

That's such a great post Heather! You are a wonderful blogger and tell great stories!

Thompson Family said...

Hey I am all about being real! I have to apologize for the message I just put on your fb wall. You and your post dating thing.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you manage to tell these stories in such a wonderful way. I experienced it with you firsthand, but reading your blog is like living it all over again! I laughed out loud at the way you described the Burger King trip and then the adventure at the Real. It almost sounds like you don't mind that I'm a huge cheapskate! (but I know the truth)