Here's Emily with a 103 degree fever. I have got to come up with something to get out of this funk! Any ideas?
On a lighter note I decided to put The Food Network to the test and see if I could make a gourmet meal, you know the ones that they make look so easy! Haley and I were watching "Tyler's Ultimate" last week and she had been begging for the meal all week. It was "Fontina and Prosciutto Stuffed Pork Chops with Grilled Polenta Squares and Roasted California Grapes." Sounds daunting, huh? Well, it didn't take a quick and simple 30 minutes like Tyler does on his show, but after a few hours I think I had something pretty good. I think even Chef Ramsay would be proud! Here is the link if anyone is interested in the recipe, http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_116702,00.htmlIt was a personal culinary triumph!
6 comments:
That dinner looks so fab! Delicious! I'm fixing a food network recipe for dinner tonight...so we'll see how it turns out. But it doesn't sound nearly as appetizing as Tyler's Ultimate, he's such a cutie!
About the funk, I know this sounds total Sunday school, but try picking up the Book of Mormon, it seems to be the cure all for anyone. There is power from reading and brings peace amid the storms in our lives. Hope you all feel better.
Poor girl!! I know what you are talking about! I have been in a funk for the last month or so too! I have no motivation to get anything done!! When you figure how to get going let me know!!
Is that your actual picture because it sold me! This looks delicious! Hope your funk passes soon! A girls night out could help--wish I was there! Rob just left for San Diego...I'm feeling ya!
I hope Jeff doesn't read this post - or he is going to start wanting more than pizza & macaroni and cheese for dinner. I am so not a culinary person! Hope you are all feeling better. It can take forever to make it all the way through a family. And nothing is sadder than sick little ones. - Valerie
What an awesome dinner! I love trying new recipes, but yours sounds even more challenging than the ones I try! Maybe you need to plan a girls' day, pick up a new book, try something new (whether a new recipe, hobby, etc.) or just get a massage. We could all use a little R&R sometimes. I hope you are feeling that spring in your step real soon!
You did a phenomenal job last night, what a great turn out!
Post a Comment