Friday, March 28, 2008

Too Much to Blog, So Little Time!

Almost a week later I finally have a few minutes to post our Easter fun! I tell ya, I think I'm time deprived. Anyway...We had a wonderful Easter weekend with plenty of fun and frolicking. Friday we had the first of many Easter Egg Hunts. The first one was our playgroup hunt. Normally only Emily and I attend playgroup, but Hannah was on Spring Break so she was able to join us. They had a wonderful time with all of their friends, and Mom had a blast too with her wonderful group of friends. I'm beginning to think that "Playgroup" is really more for the mom's than the kids.































The next event was our Ward Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning. Once again a myriad of friends, hundred of colorful plastic eggs and enough sugar to power and army. They perfect Saturday morning activity.












Saturday evening was when the fun really kicked up a notch. As a family we were planning on going to a "new" (new to us) Mexican restaurant for dinner, Macayos. As we were leaving we bumped into our neighbors and asked if they wanted to join us. You know dinner with friends is always more fun. While we were waiting to be seated our Tracy decided to play the video poker and actually won $75, guess who bought dinner! This made Mike very happy. So the lesson here kids is...it's o.k. to let your friends gamble as long as you can take a cut! He, he



After dinner we went home and dyed eggs, made cupcakes and one again had another egg hunt. This time we used glow in the dark eggs. Now this is a neat invention. Again, fun was had by all.


Finally, we made it to the main event. Easter morning I had fun playing dress up with my girls. You know that is what mom's get to do when they have girls. I would have to say one of my favorite things about Easter growing up is that I always got a new dress, so I have of course I have to keep the tradition alive. After the girls briefly checked out their Easter Baskets from the Easter Bunny we headed off to 9 am Church. We decided to wait to have our egg hunt until after Haley returned home from Colorado later that day.
Church was wonderful. A great reminder what the day is really about. I really hate how this special day get swallowed up in commercialism and rabbits. Next year I am going to take a cue from a few friends and have our bunny activities on Saturday and save the Sabbath for remembering our Savior and his wonderful sacrifice for us. Now, if I can just remember that for next year. I'm getting old you know.










4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Way cute!! When can I have a lesson??
You are right! It is so fun getting to know eachother through the whole blog experience!

Andrea said...

Love the digi layouts! What program do you use? I hear Photoshop has some free thing out right now. I've been using Elements.

Did Haley have a good Easter? What do you do with all the eggs when you're done. I've got plastic eggs all over my house!

Perry Family said...

I love all the digital scrapbooking, you are creative! I agree with the bunnies...they overtake easter sometimes and we lose focus on why we even celebrate it! But, it is great to set these traditions and have some fun with the festivities!! Your girls looked adorable in their easter dresses.

delong said...

Very very cute pages. Glad to see you were able to make these with cute pics since I can't, you never sent them to me! haha. Glad we were able to do the egg coloring together. We always semm to have more fun at dinner and whatever else we do together rather than alone. Thanks for the dinner invite and I'll pay anytime you give me money to double in the machines!!!