I swear the last six weeks of a pregnancy are like an out of body experience. I just don’t feel like myself at all. Socially I’m different, mentally I’m different, physically I’m different. Everything takes such effort. I applaud women who can troop though with their normal life all the way to the end. Right now I feel like a giant wet blanket! I know that six weeks really isn’t a long time, but in my head it feels like an eternity.
I know I have so much to look forward to. Meeting my little guy, cute little toes, finding out what color hair he is going to have, the intoxicating smell of a brand new baby, snuggling together in the wee hours of the morning. Sharing the amazing experience with my sweetheart, the tender moments together, the tears of joy, soft kisses, acts of kindness. These are the things that are going to get me through.
Until then, I am going to quietly sew and crochet, because that is what makes me happy now. I will try not to snap at my family, I will try to not alienate all of my friends and pray that you will all forgive me. I will be back to my fun loving normal self in a few months!
4 comments:
I hear ya sister! Just so you know, you're still a fabulous girl even though I know you're not feeling it. I'm glad to have you as my friend because even when you're feeling like a wet blanket, you're still one of the most compassionate and fun people, and I'm glad to know you! Hang in there Lady! Good things are coming!
Hang in there Heather. I understand all that you are feeling. When I gave birth to Adallyn that wet blanket immediately lifted. I hope that it will for you too. Find joy in those creations and it will get you through these last few weeks.
Even if you feel like a wet blanket, everyone who knows you knows you're amazing.
If it helps, I'm not pregnant, but I feel like a bit of a wet blanket. I wonder if that should make me worry...
I love you!!
I HATE last six weeks of pregnancy! It will be so worth it though to hold your little BOY. You need to post pictures of what you're making.
Post a Comment