Friday, March 21, 2008

Relief Society Dinner

I have been meaning to post this for a week now and just haven't gotten to it (that's the story of my life!)

Last Thursday we had our annual Desert View Ward Relief Society Dinner, this year's theme was "A Woman's Legacy." I had the wonderful opportunity to work with some amazing ladies to put this together for the ward. We had a wonderful dinner headed up by Danielle. She did a wonderful job of planning and organizing the elders and young men to help her. A feat in and of it's self! Great job Danielle. We also had beautiful decor and a fabulous program with Amanda heading up that part of the evening. That's where I came in. I helped Amanda with a balloon arch and setting up for the event. Setting up for these things are such a pain and yet so worth it in the end. It's nice to walk into the ugly gym at the church and see it transformed to a soft, feminine atmosphere. Melinda and I also worked on the slide show that has kind of turned into a tradition for the dinner. It's so fun to gather the pictures from the sisters (also a pain in the you know what sometimes, you know who you are!!) and see them in there regular life settings. I turn into a blubbering baby once I have everything put together and then set it to some wonderful music, I turn to mush. It's and amazing thing to see all of these wonderful strong women with there families and remember how the Lord thinks every one of us just as special as the next one. It's really cool. Here are some of the pictures from the evening, thanks to Chrissy for helping with the camera duty. It was a wonderful evening and a wonderful opportunity to get to know some wonderful people even better. Love you guys!!

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I didn't even get picture of all you guys who put the whole thing together!!! If I wwere you, I would fire me!!:)

Perry Family said...

It was a fun evening! Good job.

Christene said...

Beautiful! That evening was lovely, and I have to say I do love seeing my fellow sisters and myself in those slide shows set to lovely music. It's like seeing yourself in a different light; something we all need from time to time. I hope you know you're amazing and I'm so glad to have you in my life!