Sunday, March 23, 2008

Some Daddy Time

Mike grew up around horses and many other kinds of animals, and has been itching to get back to his cowboy roots. Luckily, we live in a "rural preservation" area, which is a joke because we live about 10 minutes away from the "Strip," but whatever. It really means that many of the people in the area have many types of farm animals. Some of our dear friends, the Cowley's, have three horses and have been so kind to invite our family to come and spend time with them. Mike loves that he can share the experience of being around horses with his girls. They absolutely love it. I'm all over it because they can go there and get their animal fix, come home, shower, and my house is still clean (relatively speaking.)

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

I know I am probably going to drive you crazy, but how did you do that!!? Very cute and very true!!

Perry Family said...

I love it! Way to go Cowleys!!! Mike is loving it...didn't know he was raised a cowboy...YEEE HAAAA!!!! Your pics are super cute.

Janeen said...

Cute pictures! You're so talented.

Christene said...

I LOVE the idea of visiting animals instead of living with them. The Cowleys are so awesome to share their horses. I know our kids love visiting Grandpa's horses and being able to touch and ride them. It's a special thing.

Kim said...

Mike??? A cowboy!!! Huh, you learn something new everyday!

D-lyn said...

Hi Heather,
visited you lovely blog today and wanted to say Hello.
Remember me? We were roomates at Ricks in dorm 5.
You have a beautfl family.