- This one is a little odd, because it started as kind of a bummer. My little Emily LOVES soup. I don't know if I stated that strong enough. It doesn't matter if it is 105 degrees out with 50% humidity, she doesn't care. After we had run a few errands for work she started to let me know that she was hungry and that she really wanted some soup from Cafe Rio. Now being a girl after my own heart, I thought that sounded rather nice as well. So off to Cafe Rio we went. Now anyone who knows Cafe Rio knows that it usually involves a long line of some kind. So we waited, I finally ordered our two soups and waited some more. Finally, when I am at the cashier, they tell me that they are out of soup! Emily nearly burst into tears. The guy across the counter nearly dies when he sees her face, so he give's me a card, good for a free meal! Yea, little I know, but score one for the home team.
- I went to work to tie up some loose ends after we had lunch. Luckily, my chiropracter (whom I love and would marry just so that I could have a chiropracter at my beck and call at any time of day, I obviously have back issues) just happened to be walking into the building right as I was. I have been having some weirdness with my neck, so I asked him about it. He said I needed an adjustment, and to come right in. His office wasn't open today, he was just stopping by to take care of some paperwork, but he would be happy to see me (see I love the guy!) When he was done I offered to pay him cash because I knew that his office staff wasn't there, and he said "No, this one's on me." Gotta love the guy!
- The next little happy moment in my life came after I had walked the entire Mall searching for dresses for my girls for my Brother-in-Laws wedding later this month. I love his fiancée choice of wedding colors, however they are not in season right now, and impossible to find any type of dress in those colors for my girls. I went to every single store in the mall that could possible have girls dresses and was almost ready to give up. The last store I was going to hit was going to be a long shot, but I decided to try anyway. I first went to the clearance rack, and eureka, I found the perfect dress! The only problem, it was way to big and the only one they had left. The gal working at the store, bless her soul, called everywhere looking for the sizes I needed, with no luck. Then she decided to call the company headquarters to see if they had any left. Believe it or not, they did and they had the sizes I needed! YEA me! I was so happy that she didn't take the attitude of, "nope that's the last one," and just left it at that. Talk about customer service.
- The next little miracle was at the store where I bought outfits for Haley and I. The cute little sales lady felt sorry for me because the only dress that I could find for Haley was pretty pricey, so she gave me her employee discount! That's 35% off. Thanks kind, cute little russian lady, you made my day.
- And last, but not least. The girls and I after a long day of running around decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner. Once again, Emily loves the soup there. We had this cute little waiter named George, who was just a delight. I ordered the Soup, Salad and Breadsticks dinner and when I ordered Emily's soup he told me he would just bring her a bowl of soup without charging me, because he knew she was going to eat like a bird. But wait, it doesn't stop there. When he came to see if I wanted a refill on my soup, I told him I was full and I just needed the check. He looked at me like, "that's seriously all you are going to eat?" When he came to bring us the check, he also brought a bag with a to-go container of soup. He said,"take this home, I know you are going to get hungry later." How cute is that. I have never had a server do that. George, the next time I see ya, I going to give you a big kiss!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Just One of those Great Days!
Today started out like many other days in my life, one with a long to-do list. Many errands to run all over town. Normally when I set off on my errands I am all business, with a let's just get this done as fast as we can, and try to stay in relatively decent moods. Generally a major feat for a six (almost seven) year old, a four year old and a moody Mommy. Seven hours later when we had accomplished all of our goals, while we were driving home I realized that today was a day full of good people who really went out of their way to make my day better. Explain more you say, here is the list of all the wonderful things that happened to me today;
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I love days like this!!! I'm hoping for one today as I trek out with all four kids for a day of errand running!
Can't wait to see pics of the girls in their new dresses!
i love realizing how great things are sometime! i'm trying to do it better every day. thanks for sharing yor good day.
What a great day!
I'm so glad you had a great day. It makes you feel like the Lord is helping through other people and their kindness! It made me happy to read your post!
How awesome! It sounds like you had an amazing day, and what better way to celebrate than to share it. It's such a simple reminder to be the miracle in other people's lives. I'm glad you had such a great day!
What better company to share such a great day with than your kiddo's...sounds like a day to remember, for sure. I know I don't always remember to look for the small blessings each day. Thanks for the reminder. :)
I love this post! What a great day!! The greatest thign about it is that you took the time to notice and to share. It does encourage me to look for little ways to make another persons day better. Well, now that I knw that somebody is looking at our blog I will try to post more often. Thanks.
I am glad your day was great! Running errands with kids never goes over really well! What colors were the dresses you were looking for? Chris' little brother is getting married next week and I can't find a PINK dress anywhere!!
That is awesome, and amazing that it all happened the same day! Emily is so cute, I can just picture her cute little face at Cafe Rio when they tell her no soup. Who wouldn't give you a free meal for that?
That is neat! I love that you were able to find the good in the day! I love those little Miiracles!
Thanks, Heather. Sometimes I seriously worry about humanity, but these things help me remember that, really, most people are good.
I have a story for you. So I gave Mike a reimbursement form for something I bought for Young Women a couple of weeks before we moved. About a week after we moved, I realized I never got a check from him. I said to Dan, "It wasn't a lot of money or anything, but it doesn't seem like Mike not to get the check to me. Oh well." Dan kind of ignored me and went on his way. Well, last Sunday, Dan sticks his hand in his suit pocket and pulls out---guess what? The check. He says, "Hey, you falsely accused Mike!" Yeah, I should have accused Dan who entirely forgot that Mike gave it to him, even after I mentioned it. Anyway, I apologize for falsely accusing your wonderful husband.
Also, I eagerly await your thoughts on Breaking Dawn. I assume we'll disagree, but I enjoy your opinions, and it helps me not to be so one sided. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think!
Yes, what a great day! Kindness is truly a forgotten thing these days. I am so glad that not everyone has lost it.
Post a Comment