
Hannah started 2nd grade yesterday as well. Now she is the complete opposite of her older sister. She was cool, clam and collected. Second grade, no big deal. This kid is so easy going, which I am grateful for. It would be hard to deal with two tornados at the same time. Hannah's teacher's name is Mrs. Fararra and so far she looks like a gem! I am so excited for all that Hannah is going to learn this year. It's so fun to see your children enjoy learning.


And the most fabulous news of all this year is that Emily was chosen to be a peer model for the preschool at the same school that Hannah attends. This has been quite a process to get her into this program, so I was jumping for joy when we received the call on Friday. This program is for children with minor disabilities and they also add a couple of peer models into the group to help the children. Studies have shown that when you mix children who are developing at a normal rate with children who are developmentally delayed it helps them in many ways.
The bummer was that Emily had to miss the first day so that she could have all of her shots updated. The poor kid turned into a pin cushion. Five shots, two in each arm and one in her leg. After that she wasn't so sure if starting school was worth all the trouble. The whole time we were waiting she keep saying that she just wanted to stay at home and forget about going to school. The next day she had changed her tune. She said, "my shots are really painful, but I'm ready to go!" And sure enough she ran right up to where her class lines up, sat down with a really cute little girl and struck up a conversation like they had been best friends for years. Boy, if I could just bottle that girl's energy and confidence I would be rich!


4 comments:
Ok.. I love all the picture pages!! You are going to have to teach me!! That is awesome that Emily gets to go to school!
Good luck girls!! You will love Carri, she is a little rough around the edges but an amazing teacher and person if you take the time to get to know her. I also know Hannahs's teacher and she is also great. Madysen went to school with her son. Have a wonderful school year girls, you will do great. BTW Heather so when are you going to teach us all how to digital scrapbook??? Nice pages!! :)
wow, all the kids in school! You must be so happy!
So, you get 1/2 a day with no kids? NICE!
Emme was a "typical peer" (as they call them in Green Valley) at our elementary two years ago and she had to miss her first day for shots too.
Post a Comment