Monday, January 21, 2008

Were at the top of the world!!


We hiked to the top of the world! O.K. not really, but it felt like it. We have a wonderful park close to our house that has a small "mountain" close by that you can hike to the top of. Today being Martin Luther King day and a holiday for us we decided today was the day to tackle the mountain. We invited our friends the Taylor's for the monumental trek (it's really not that big of a deal, but it sounds more exciting that way.) The bummer was that it was cold and windy, not really the best time for the hike, but who cares!!! We all trooped to the top with 30 mile and hour head wind (maybe, I really don't know.It was really windy.)















There is something to be said for having good friends. I am not talking about the few acquaintances that you have where you can hang out and make small talk with. I am talking about people that allow you to be you, whether you're having a pretty day or an ugly day, they love you no matter what. Being with them is not a drain, it's a booster shot for the soul. Some people can actually go their entire life without saying that they have had a friend like that. I on the other hand have been so blessed because I have many friends that I can put in this category. Friends that I can trust with anything!













4 comments:

Andrea said...

I loved that Heather! Friends are so important. I have lots of "friends" but there are few who are really always there and that I treasure!

The VanderHoevens said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

-Jeff

The Mullins said...

hey, I am finally on! Love the background! this is the one that I was doing when I lost all of my widgets, how weird that we chose the same one out of all of those backgrounds

Christene said...

Congrats on conquering the mountain! I know it's not a huge deal, but I felt like queen of the world when I made it to the top! Those are wonderful memories made despite the wind and weather. And I feel the same about friends. I never knew I could have so many wonderful sister of the heart.