Friday, January 18, 2008

Our LA Adventure with the Houston Family!



One of my goals for this blog is to not only document the present but to also revisit the past. Periodically I will add an event from the past few years for every one's viewing pleasure.

One of the really nice things about living in Las Vegas is that we are only five hours away from the beach! We try to make it out there at least once and year for a nice mini family vacation. This past year we were really lucky to have some friends join us. Kevin and Christene Houston and their family bravely accepted the invitation to join us for a beach trip over Labor Day weekend.

Fun was had by all. The first day we had fun getting to know Kevin's new navigation system (gotta get me one of them) and found a really great beach in Newport. Everyone was in heaven. Mike even graciously agreed to be buried in the sand. After a few hours the sand was creeping up in places where it just shouldn't go, so we headed back into town for lunch and rest. Later that night we explored Downtown Disney just outside of the Disneyland. The next day we drove down to Laguna and walked around their cute little beach community and then topped off the evening at the hotel pool.

It is so wonderful to have friends that are up for anything! I have really looked forward to the time in my life when we would be established enough as a family to have the opportunity to do fun things like this! We spend so much time moving from place to place when we are young and we never have the chance to really put down roots in one place long enough to develop relationships like these. I am so lucky that we have moved to the perfect place for our family. We have such wonderful friends that I know will be around forever!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your blog! Keep it up. Good friends make everything more enjoyable (one reason why college was so much fun)!

Andrea said...

P.S. I got my background from your site! You are my inspiration on all things BLOG!

Christene said...

Such great memories! I LOVE your slide show and the way it looks like an old home movie. It gives it such a nostalgic feeling. That was a GREAT trip and being reminded is really nice!