This weekend was one for the record books! Friday night we had our normal Friday night dinner group at Justin and Amanda's house (thanks by the way!) We had so much fun!! We had about eight couples which means about 50 billions kids. You know we Mormons like to procreate. It was great, only a few bumps and bruises, no trips to the hospital however, so they loved it. The grownups had a great time eating wonderful food and playing a creative game of UNO. Our version includes water cards. What are "Water Cards" you ask? They are cards that allow you to throw water in your opponites face (once again thanks to the Taylor's) it was a blast! I would have to say that I returned home looking like a drowned rat, but that was great!!
Saturday after a full day of laundry and cleaning out the garage, I joined up with the girls again for an entertaining Girl's Night Out. We started the evening at Cafe Rio for a supper yummy dinner and then went to see the movie "27 Dresses." A wonderful girls night movie, it's not going to win any awards, but it was a lot of fun.
I would have to say that I have been surrounded by a plethora of amazing women. I love and adore all of these special ladies. I have no doubt that my Father in Heaven knew that this is what I needed at this point in my life, because he has blessed me greatly. It's so fun to have these nights together to chat and giggle and just be silly. The crazy thing is that with all of the silliness we can turn around two seconds later and have deep conversations that are just as filling to the spirit as the big belly laughs are, if not more. If only we could do all of that and figure out how to get to bed before 2 a.m.!
Sunday after church we rushed home and prepared lunch one of Mike's customers who was flying in from Seattle. Bruce has turned into a family friend so it was fun to see him again. After lunch I threw together a couple of batches of Buffalo Wings because...it's Super Bowl time!! We were off to the Houston's home for the big party. Once again great food and wonderful company, and oh yea, football. The guys watched the game while us girls had a blast chatting. After a while of being totally engrosed in deep conversation we poked our heads up and realized that the game was over. The Giants won, Yea!!
Now it's Monday and I just took Mike to the airport and I am ready for a weekend to recover from my weekend! I guess that will have to wait for next weekend. Bummer!
Saturday after a full day of laundry and cleaning out the garage, I joined up with the girls again for an entertaining Girl's Night Out. We started the evening at Cafe Rio for a supper yummy dinner and then went to see the movie "27 Dresses." A wonderful girls night movie, it's not going to win any awards, but it was a lot of fun.I would have to say that I have been surrounded by a plethora of amazing women. I love and adore all of these special ladies. I have no doubt that my Father in Heaven knew that this is what I needed at this point in my life, because he has blessed me greatly. It's so fun to have these nights together to chat and giggle and just be silly. The crazy thing is that with all of the silliness we can turn around two seconds later and have deep conversations that are just as filling to the spirit as the big belly laughs are, if not more. If only we could do all of that and figure out how to get to bed before 2 a.m.!
Sunday after church we rushed home and prepared lunch one of Mike's customers who was flying in from Seattle. Bruce has turned into a family friend so it was fun to see him again. After lunch I threw together a couple of batches of Buffalo Wings because...it's Super Bowl time!! We were off to the Houston's home for the big party. Once again great food and wonderful company, and oh yea, football. The guys watched the game while us girls had a blast chatting. After a while of being totally engrosed in deep conversation we poked our heads up and realized that the game was over. The Giants won, Yea!!
Now it's Monday and I just took Mike to the airport and I am ready for a weekend to recover from my weekend! I guess that will have to wait for next weekend. Bummer!
2 comments:
Lucky! You have Cafe Rio in NV! Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm exhausted just reading about it! I'll get some Ricks pictures to you soon--I've got lots more I can send you!
This is the best isn't it? Being part of a loving extended family that makes life a whole lot more fun to live!
Post a Comment