Monday, April 28, 2008

Here We Go!!

I am officially joining the band wagon.  Several of my friend's and my sister are all trying to lose weight right now.  I however, have been a little reluctant.  I am so tired of all the ups and downs.  I'm tired of the disappointment.  I am tired of always having to think about what I am going to eat and what I can't have.  I'm tired of the slow progress after practically killing myself to get there.  I'm tired of sitting at parties and watching every one else eat.  I'm tired of being grumpy because I am hungry.  I can go on forever!  

The bottom line is, I still need to do it.  I know I will feel better and have a much better quality of life.  So, I am making the leap.  And not only am I making the leap, I am making the leap publicly. I am actually in a good place right now and I am ready for the challenge!  Now, what is a challenge without a goal?  My goal right now is to lose 15 pounds by my birthday, which is June 22nd.  That gives me eight weeks.  Let's see how I do!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

To make it public...what a good idea! Suzy (from Ricks) has a link to sisterskinny that is very fun and inspirational--check it out!

P.S. I like the polka dots better! And I've gotten tons of compliments on the new design. YOU ROCK!

delong said...

You are pretty strong girl! I know you can do it. Good Luck!

The Mullins said...

I know you can do it. If you want any help let me know. And of course you won't be the only one not eating at parties. We can hang out together!!!

Perry Family said...

WOW!! GO HEATHER!!! I think it is so inspirational, everyone helping each other to reach their goals!! I'm looking forward to all your updates! Hearing about weight loss is SO motivating for me...you rock! That sounds like one of the best birthday presents ever!! My b-day is this friday, and I do not have present like that to give to myself...I know you can do it!!

Thompson Family said...

The most important thing is that you truely are ready to do it. I have found that I have more discouragement and disappointments when I try to force change I am not ready for.

It sounds like you are ready and I am excited for you. I look forward to being able to do this together. And like your friends have already said, you are a strong girl who has been through some pretty tough things. No doubt you can do this too.

Chrissy said...

Good for you!! Are you doing it online? Pretty soon we won't even be having food at our parties!!

Christene said...

You go girl! I am so thrilled for you to begin this journey, because you're right, you are in a great place, a place where you can really make some lasting changes that will transform your outer self. You're already amazing, and that is the bottom line. We're behind you 100%

Danielle said...

You are awesome!! I know you can do it with all your friends to support you. Good Luck!!