The other night we had and Elder's Quorum activity that was Desert View Ward's very own "Iron Chef!" The secret ingredient was APPLE.
Now, I am not much of a baker. Rachel Ray and I are in the same boat in that respect (by the end of this post you will realize how much I watch the Food Network! It is my secret escape, weird I know.) although I can make a mean pie. But when you think of apple, everyone naturally thinks of pie. I needed a secret weapon, a virtual A-bomb if you will, and pie wasn't going to do the trick. My weapon of choice was my, Blushing Leprechaun. What is a Blushing Leprechaun you ask? Well, for those of us Mormon, non-drinkers it is a virgin Sour Apple Martini, or you can call it a Sour Apple Spritzer. It's a fun drink that I made up for my family for St. Patrick's Day this year. And the recipe is as follows:

- 3 parts Sprite, 7-Up, Ginger Ale, Sparkling Soda or anything clear with bubbles.
- 1 part Sour Apple Mixer
- Maraschino Cherry for Garnish
- Sour Apple Sugar for the rim
6 comments:
Okay, I am so bummed I missed it. I am totally out of the loop. Sounds really good, can't wait to try it.
That sounds yummy - most importantly, did you win? That would have knocked the socks off all the apple pies!
It was so yummy!! Thanks for the recipe, my kids loved it!
Heather...THANK YOU so much for dishing out the recipe!!! I loved it, and still dreaming about it. I'm going to have to go pick some up and make it soon!! It was delish!
Yes, I can vouch for it's yumminess, as can my children who may have ingested more than their share of that little Irish drink! I love Food Network to. There's surely nothing wrong with figuring out another great thing to make for dinner!
That was a great drink, can't wait to make it! Thanks for putting together last night. That was really fun.
Post a Comment