Well, this isn't new by any means, but it's new to me. I have discovered Strawberry Freezer Jam!! I have had it several times in my life and didn't realize how easy it is to make. We had dinner at our friend's Jason and Autumn Vanderhoven's house on Sunday and they pulled out their freezer jam for the extra bread. It was so yummy!! Autumn told me how easy it is to make, so I thought I would do some research. Now, keep in mind because of my new Weight Watchers commitment I am on the hunt for yummy and low point foods, and eureka, I have found one!! All freezer jam is some type of fruit, sugar and freezer jam pectin. If you replace the sugar with Splenda it becomes something that is super delish and not to bad for you. In Weight Watchers language, you can have 4 tablespoons for ZERO POINTS!!! Yesterday I went to the store and bought 4 lbs. of strawberries and made some last night, and as soon as I was done my neighbor told me that strawberries were going on sale today for $1 a pound. So...not wanting to miss the opportunity, I again made the trek to Smith's and bought 14 lbs of strawberries. Now we have strawberry freezer jam coming out the wazoo! So, if you are in the vicinity, and would like to have a jar, stop in, I am more than happy to share!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
My New Discovery!!
Well, this isn't new by any means, but it's new to me. I have discovered Strawberry Freezer Jam!! I have had it several times in my life and didn't realize how easy it is to make. We had dinner at our friend's Jason and Autumn Vanderhoven's house on Sunday and they pulled out their freezer jam for the extra bread. It was so yummy!! Autumn told me how easy it is to make, so I thought I would do some research. Now, keep in mind because of my new Weight Watchers commitment I am on the hunt for yummy and low point foods, and eureka, I have found one!! All freezer jam is some type of fruit, sugar and freezer jam pectin. If you replace the sugar with Splenda it becomes something that is super delish and not to bad for you. In Weight Watchers language, you can have 4 tablespoons for ZERO POINTS!!! Yesterday I went to the store and bought 4 lbs. of strawberries and made some last night, and as soon as I was done my neighbor told me that strawberries were going on sale today for $1 a pound. So...not wanting to miss the opportunity, I again made the trek to Smith's and bought 14 lbs of strawberries. Now we have strawberry freezer jam coming out the wazoo! So, if you are in the vicinity, and would like to have a jar, stop in, I am more than happy to share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Evan, Emma and I picked fresh strawberries today. It was so much fun. Check out our blog in a couple of days to see the little ones covered in yummy strawberry goodness. You will have to email me the proportions to your recipe we have lots of strawberries that need to be eated. And Zero points! That is GREAT! I have lost 12 lbs and still dropping. I am very excited. Give hugs to everyone.
How exciting!! Zero points is a good thing!! You are going to have to share your secret with me!
We are still making our way through our freezer jam from last year! The kids can't wait to make more. How do you like it with Splenda? My only complaint with freezer jam is that it is way too sweet and we're on a "less sugar" kick right now. We're waiting for blackberry season--they grow right near our house (FREE) and we've started growing some of our own. YUMMY!
That sounds so yummy - I want some - your friends' last name is awesome - just a little mispelled ;) but still awesome!
Strawberry freezer jam is Tim's favorite! Guess I better head to Smith's and get busy. ;)
GIRL!!!!!! I so am in need of some of that yummy stuff! My sis and I are starting weight watchers on Monday (our mother's day gift to ourselves) and I will be needing to find some tasty but low cal treats!!! I love how you post these great finds! (You'll either have to post the recipe or I'm coming to steal some from you:)
Now I'm hungry! I love Splenda - can you post your recipe for us?
Congrats on the pounds dropping off Heather. That is great! Keep up the good work. I love Autumn's jam too. Will you post the recipe?
Next time we're in Vegas we'd love to see you guys, I saw your comment too late last time.
It looks like the people are demanding that you post the recipe, Heather. I want to try it too. Hey, look, I'm not desertrunner anymore.
Yummy. strawberry freezer jam is the best! And zero points...even better. You'll have to post the recipe.
You're so funny! Strawberries are the best treat, and it sounds like you've found the perfect use for them. It's always exciting to find yummy and healthy treats, isn't it? Good job!
Post a Comment