Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Little Commentary

I vow to never "crop" a picture ever again!  Who ever go the idea back in the day that cutting all of your pictures up was STUPID!  I reference the picture below, totally ruined, and I wish I could have the full picture back!  Just had to share my feelings, thanks for listening.

9 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

I totally understand. Back when I USED to scrapbook when I had one little baby, Jeff used to get really mad at me when I did that to pictures, and I thought he was crazy - but now it is sad that I don't have those pictures full size anymore. - Valerie

P.S. Before he reads this, it doesn't mean he is ALWAYS right, but was right about that one thing ;)

The VanderHoevens said...

Funny - I was just about to comment about how much that annoyed me. I see above that my message was received.

Not always right but pretty darned close.

-Jeff

Perry Family said...

Yes, I agree, cropping pictures can sometimes turnout not good, but with everything digital these days, I think its easier to crop because the original is saved on the computer!! Cute tag about Mike, you guys are a great couple!

Ragan said...

I totally know what you mean! When Tristen was a baby I borrowed some scrapbooking stuff from a friend and thought I better "crop" all of his pictures before I gave her scissors back. Now all I have is a bunch of cut up little baby pictures of him. And of course I was young and stupid and didn't even think to save the negatives. :(

Christene said...

I hear you! I was terrified to cut my wedding pictures when I first started scrapping. Thankfully, a friend had been snapping right along with my photographer, so I cute the ones she took and left the professional ones alone. But it's true, before digital, once you cut there's no going back!

Kim said...

Hey I have a ton of pics like that...and I too VOW NEVER to crop a pic like that, again!

Andrea said...

I'm so with you! I ruined all of my mission pictures. Thankfully, I still have the negatives and I'm going to put them on cd. Yeah for digital!!

MattJulieGavin said...

i know just what you mean...i mutilated so many of my old pictures back in the day. how sad that we ever did that...but it's still a cute picture!

D-lyn said...

I totally feel for you about the loss of a beautiful picture because of a crop.
My sis told me to try using Adobe photo to stamp the background in and then air brush it a bit to fad it out on the edges to recreate the feeling of the original. Try it. It sorta worked for me.