Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Olivia, Eloise & Ramona Wrapped Up in One!


Everywhere I go these days people, sometimes even strangers come up to me and have something to say about my little Emily.  It usually starts, "You're little Emily..."  and I brace myself for what will come next.  This is one little girl who is best friends with the entire world, it doesn't matter if she has known you for her whole life, or for the last 30 seconds.  Not only that, she remembers everyone's name.  It's a little weird.  We will be walking through the store and she will say, "Mom, I want to go say Hi to George the fruit guy."   Come on!!  I have a hard time with my own off spring's names a good portion of the time and I was the one who bestowed the name on them.  And that's only the beginning.  
 This child can put Olivia the pig, Ramona Quimby and Eloise to shame.  She is a ball full of energy who loves to have a say in everything, and usually at very high decibels.  The girl has two volumes, super loud and sonic boom loud.  I can't tell you how many times she has made some kind of announcement out in public that I really would have preferred to stay private.  For example today at the pool, "Mom I pee'd in my swim suit, but that 's O.K. because I did it in the flowers!"  Hide me now.  The crazy thing is, even though she presents as such a challenge, she is so much fun to hang out with.  I am going to cry when she finally starts school, because she really brightens my day!

7 comments:

Perry Family said...

Heather, I just have to laugh, because Bryanna is exactly like Emily...sometimes you just don't know what to think...nod your head and smile!!! They are spunky fun!! Emily really is such a smart and sweet thing!

Lindsey said...

Gotta love when your kids say stuff like that!! I still just can't believe how big she is.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! I wouldn't change a thing about her.

Christene said...

Don't you just love that art? Emily is one of a kind. I am curious to see where her talents take her and where she gravitates in this life. She's definitely going to do something special!

Kim said...

How SWEET! I love her! My boys pee in the flowers too!

Angie said...

Oh, Emily! She's great. I know what you mean about her two volumes. Dan's are the same.

Danielle said...

I would have to agree with the volume also, my Madysen is the same. Loud and Louder!! Emily is so sweet and we wouldn't change it.