I have been thinking about what it means to be truly happy. For so long I have felt like happiness was a destination and I was still on the road working really hard to get there. Well, I don't know if it is getting older or what by I finally have realized that happiness is all around me, but only if I choose to see it, taste it, embrace it and drink it in. Here are a few of the little daisys that I have found on the road of life.
- I love getting older! What!?! Don't get me wrong I'm not crazy about the wrinkles, gray hair and all of the yucky stuff that comes with aging. What I love is how much more comfortable I am with myself now. I look back at high school and my twenties and I remember loving being there but you couldn't pay me to go back.

- I love that Mike and I have been together for 8 years. With Valentine's Day just passed I saw several people become engaged and while I was happy for them, I was also grateful that I wasn't back there with them. I loved being engaged and getting married. I loved the first several years, but again there is something to be said for the ticking of the clock. I love that Mike and I have figured out how to work well together. All of the drama of two people trying to figure out how to live together is gone. And I love that!! I can't wait for the next eight years, I am sure it only gets better.
- I love that I have my own home and I can make it whatever I want.

- I love having three girls! And I love that they are all so different. I love watching them grow up. I love the funny things they say and do. I love the snuggles and their unconditional love. I love that they look at me like I know everything and they don't have any idea that I am totally faking it!!!

- I love being able to be who I really am, and I love that I have friends that let me be that way. Friends who accept me warts and all. I love that we can be silly together and cry together. I love what they teach me with their examples. They help me to be a better wife, mother and woman.
- I love reading a good book, Cafe Rio torilla soup and salad, snuggeling with my honey in bed on those mornings when we can sleep in, I love creating works of art (at least in my eyes,) I love when the girls are playing well together and they leave me alone for a little while, I love listening to loud music and singing at the top of my lungs, I love spontanious fun, I love good hair days, I love a clean house (I wish I could make that happen more often,) I love guilt free shopping, I love watching cooking shows, I love a great movie, and the list can go on and on.
10 comments:
I hear you girl! I completely understand. Age is a beautiful thing. I maybe getting older but I still feel so young and vibrant. I look at how wiser I have become and I embrace it. Sometimes I wonder, when am I going to start living my life (because of Matt's schooling) but I remember nothing has stopped me, I have the family and happiness I always wanted. All the stuff in the world could not replace those joys. Happiness is a state of mind. And I love it!!! Your awesome, I truly enjoy your deep thoughts.
You are so right on! I was at tennis clinic today with whom most of the other ladies on my tennis team range in age from the fifties to sixties, except me of course. But I was just thinking how wonderful they all are as women and how I couldn't wait to get there...I can wait of course, but I totally feel you as far as life just gets better as time goes by, hopefully we all will eventually figure out this one!
Heather, I just love your thoughts on life! It's times like these, when we can look around and see that we are truly surrounded by the blessings of heaven in our families, our friends, and our situation in life. We know that God is watching over us and that we are not alone in any of the challenges we may face because we've faced others and felt the power of His love getting us through the fire. We have so much to be thankful for!
I love the changes! Did you find a new font?
Your blog is super cute!! I love reading your thoughts. Probably because I relate with what you are saying, but the fact that you can write your thoughts down and we can all understand them!! You are awesome!!
Super post! I love hearing your thoughts! We need to get together for the slide thing, about the 360 we are selling it, why?? you interested?
You are amazing! I love being in a ward that I can look up to so many wonderful women and call them my friends. I loved reading our thoughts. Thank You!
"What I love is how much more comfortable I am with myself now." I am so with you on that one. It is such a great place to be! Great post, Heather.
I absolutely love your blog! It was so fun to read your thoughts on happiness & the things you love. You said it so great. LOVE IT!
oh thanks!! Yours is adorable, I love the family picutre across your top.. VERY cute :)
Post a Comment