Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Week Three Results

I'm a little slow to post my week three results for this one reason, I gained two pounds!!!!   AHHHHHHH!  I was totally shaken to the core yesterday.  I don't think a trip to the scale has ever  had such a mind blowing, tear evoking response from me, ever.  A bit of a drama queen you say, maybe, but you have to understand I did really well last week,  I even went to a bridal shower and refused all refreshments, even the super yummy Nothing Bundt Cake.  



Needless to say, it was hard to start my week that way.  I was already in total anxiety mode because Mike left on Sunday for another business trip and won't be home until the following Monday.  So nine days on my own.  Not that big of a deal I know, but for all of the years that Mike has been traveling I have never been able to sustain an eating plan while he is gone.  The stress totally gets to me and unfortunately I am a stress eater.  I wish I could be one of you people who can't eat at all when the world is falling apart around them, and end up losing 20 lbs. in the middle of a crisis.  Once again, I am leaning more towards the dramatic, but really that's how it feels.  I would like to say that I am going to turn into a weight loss robot and be able to power through these challenging times, but the reality is that I am not.  Not only am I not a robot, but I am a human that needs to take it easy on myself when life gets a little rocky.  So I am going to be easy on myself this week.  That doesn't mean that I am going to totally fall off the wagon, but I am not going to stress myself out either.  

To those of you who could really care less about my weight loss woes,  I apologies.  I have a bit of a one track mind these days.  I promise that will start to blog about other things at some point!

 

9 comments:

Angie said...

Heather, this is just a tiny setback, but I'm sure everything's more difficult with Mike away. (Husband out of town for nine days is a hard thing, and I'm amazed by how well you handle it!) You are right to be easy on yourself. You're doing awesome, and you need to cut yourself some slack.

Andrea said...

You are so good to blog about this! It would help me knowing that the world is out there and cheering you on! Keep going!

Perry Family said...

I know exactly how you feel! It is so hard when the results don't show how well you stuck to things. I think being easy on yourself might do wonders for this journey, refocusing will be a big help. Hang in there with out Mike!

Anne-Elizabeth said...

You are a strong person. Congrats on your saying no when it was hard. Focus on the positive, you have done a great job already. Keep up the good work, you can do it Heather!

Chrissy said...

That's okay!! Don't drive yourself too crazy, it happens to the best of us!! You are doing awesome, so keep up the good work!! I'll be thinking about you!!

Kim said...

I didn't know you were doing weight wathcers too! I have to get my butt back on track! It have been hard with moving! I have to get back to weighing in every week! I have to get accountable again! Good Luck and keep it going!

Love Ya

D-lyn said...

Treat yourself to a special and exciting treat!
For some reason this always helps when my hubby is away. It doesn't have to be calories either. Get your nails done or buy those yummy towels that you really wish for your future SPA bath!
That is my advice...
We are all rooting for you!
Luvs and hugs

Christene said...

All I have to say is that you are amazing, capable and intelligent woman. This is one part of your life and if you need to take it easy while you take on single parenting for 9 days, then let yourself. I wish I could have been there to help on those tough days. It makes me sad to think of you with no one to call on. I'm SO glad you're feeling better!

Ragan said...

Heaaaaather, where did you go?