We had a lovely Christmas Eve in Heidelberg. We were looking for something to do and decided to try out a restaurant that a friend suggested, called the Bier Brezel. When we first arrived most of the shops and restaurants were closed, so I was starting to get worried that our little outing was going to go bust. But, No! The Bier Brezel was open! Just by looking at the front door you wouldn’t think that it would be much inside, but it was very charming. I was glad that I had brought my camera.
After our fun lunch we headed home to finish decorating the house for Christmas! I managed to find a cute little tree for 4 euro at the Real store here (that’s the one like Wal-Mart.) Believe it or not, but they had all of their Christmas decorations on clearance the day before Christmas Eve, so I grabbed grabbed a few things.
The beautiful Christmas stars in the windows were purchased at the Christmas Markets here. You see them hanging in windows all over the place here. I just had to participate as well.
We capped off the evening with a reading of the “real” Christmas story, and then we watched “Mr. Krueger's Christmas” and “Little Women.” It was a lovely, quiet night.
3 comments:
All of your posts and pictures are amazing! i am getting so jealous looking at them. i'm so glad you're having fun there! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Sounds like a PERFECT Christmas Eve!
What a beautiful Christmas Eve. The stars are beautiful. I love the idea of hanging a glowing star in your window. Lovely.
Post a Comment