Thursday, December 18, 2008

Derailment

We have hit a little snag in our trip.  For the last two days I have been flat on my back in bed with a bum hip.  For anyone who knows me well they know that I have a very sensitive hip that will pop out of joint with even minor movement.  On Tuesday morning I crouched down to pick up some trash on the floor and POP!  So, I have spent the last two days in bed and Mike has been feverishly searching for a German Chiropractor.  If I were at home I have a wonderful Chiropractor, Dr. Stella, whom I love, who would take care of me and get me back up and running.  Unfortunately without treatment it only gets worse.  Our wonderful friends at the job site took this on as their mission yesterday and with help from the on-base clinic we think they have found one for me, and I have an appointment this afternoon.  Thanks guys!!  The girls have been doing great keeping themselves entertained and helping me out.  It's a total bummer for them, but they have been troopers. 

I have to say that I have been working very hard to keep a positive attitude and not fall into the trap of feeling sorry for myself.  I am grateful for the opportunity to see what I have seen already and to have the wonderful experiences thus far. Mike has given me a blessing and I have said many prayers.  I have faith that through the Lord, if I do all that I can do, he will take care of me.   

4 comments:

Christene said...

I thought something was up! I hope you are doing well by the time you read this. You are in our prayers and we are hopeful for a quick and full recovery. Thank goodness you have good people watching over you. We're grateful for them taking care of our friend!

Thompson Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your hip. Maybe something really great will come of it. Tell everyone hello.

Anne-Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry Heather. That must be so painful. I am sure Mike has asked around work already. Maybe he could ask Julia who lives below you who is a physical rehab therapist, maybe she knows one. I hope you find one soon. I am glad Haley is such a great helper. We will pray for you too.

Megan said...

I'm so sorry, Heather! You will be in my prayers! Praying for a quick recovery...France is waiting!