Monday, December 15, 2008

Images from Heidelberg

On Monday, the girls and I went shopping for the party that we were invited to that night with one of the companies that we work for here in Germany.  They were doing a gift exchange so we needed to get some stuff to bring.  I of course decided this was a wonderful opportunity to go back to the Christmas market in Heidelberg.  It's so fun to go and grab lunch and wander around people watching and taking pictures.  Here are some of the shots from the day.

IMG_1242 IMG_1243 IMG_1250 IMG_1251

The Germans take great pride in their doors and some of them are so beautiful.

IMG_1249 IMG_1248

IMG_1247

These were some very yummy and huge cookies that are all over the markets.  They are a very mild gingerbread type cookie, and are very beautiful.

 

 

IMG_1253

And these little potato cakes are scrumptious.  The are served with a creamy garlic sauce or with apple sauce.  The little plate that they serve them on is edible.  I actually saw people eating them.  They Germans are militant about garbage.  They want the least amount of rubbish as possible.  So, they create edible plates.  CRAZY!!

 

 IMG_1256IMG_1254 IMG_1261

I guess I have a thing for windows as well.  I think I should have been an architecture major in college.

2 comments:

Christene said...

You should have! I love the pictures!

Anne-Elizabeth said...

Heidelberg is great! A wonderful place to hangout. I love your pics! Try the Bier Pretzel Restuarant by the church on the pedestrian zone. The food it good, priced well and has a great ambience. The Rumpsteak is wunderbar.