I am writing this through a sleepy jetlagged state so forgive me if this come out a little weird. We made it!! After 14 hours of traveling we have made it to our lovely house in Weinheim, Germany. We had a rather smooth trip, other than the approach and landing at the airport in Philadelphia. It was the worst roller coaster, fishtailing landing I have ever experienced. Both Mike and Emily got a little green in the gills (they didn’t follow my suggested routine of Dramamine before a flight,) but after a few minutes they were back to normal.
We arrived to a very foggy Germany, so I can’t say that I have seen very much of the area yet. I was hoping it would burn off later in the day, but no such luck. After checking out the new diggs it was off to the local equivalent of Wal-Mart to do a little shopping. Shopping in a foriegn, non-english speaking country is a little strange. This goes without saying I’m sure, but I was glad that I have a little bit of food knowledge (thanks to the food network) to get by. The main goal for today was to STAY AWAKE, and not take a nap. By doing this we are hoping that the jetlag won’t hang out too long. By the afternoon we were having a hard time staying awake so it was off to the local mall for a walk and some dinner. Mike and the girls opted for KFC while I took my more adventurous spirit to a more authentic German mall food experience. I have no idea what I had, but it tasted good.
All in all, it’s was nice to finally get here and to get to know our new house and settle in for the duration. Here are some pictures of the place.
Emily doing the dishes, just because she wanted to. That’s my kind of girl!
It’s a lovely space with hard wood and tile, with tons of huge windows and skylights. It’s wonderful to be in such a bright and open space. A total change of pace for me. Signing off for now. We’ll see what tomorrow will bring!
8 comments:
Love all the IKEA dishes and furnishings!!
How long are you there for?
I am so happy to hear that you all arrived safe and sound! I am looking forward to lots of posts about your adventures!
Hey Thomings! This is Kelsey, from Denver, CO. How are you guys doing? I haven't talked to you in a long time! I was actually in Vegas about 2 weeks ago! :) if you get a chance, email me! monkeykelsey101@gmail.com (Oh, and I LOVE THE PICS! The girls are so big now! I didn't reconize Hannah or Emily!)
Hope all is well!
Kelsey
yeah, I am glad you made it safe. I like the diggs. It seems to be a wonderful place to stay, have lots of fun and can't wait for the updates. Be safe!!
Looks like a cute little house!! I can't wait for all the updates! Have funa and be safe!!
WOW, what a quaint little place! How fun, and glad you posted all those pics!
Aah! You're there! I'm so excited for you! I know you'll feel it more once the sleepiness wears off, but I'm glad to hear you've already done some shopping, authentic German food tasting and picture taking. I love the apartment. It looks so beautiful and open. Hmmm....you don't think Kevin would miss me if I hitched a ride over do you? We miss you already, but we'll make it. Have fun!!
We are glad you made it. Have a wonderful time. We can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment