Thursday, December 25, 2008

Paris part Trois

We decided that before we left Paris that we needed to get some pictures of the Eiffel Tower in the daylight.  I also wanted to visit a Patisserie before we left the city.  So once again we took our lives into our own hands and headed into the heart of Paris.   

IMG_1758 Mike & I The Girls IMG_1648 IMG_1649

French people didn’t let me down.  It’s really true that they go and get fresh bread everyday.  You would see people walking around or riding their bikes with baguettes tucked into their bags.  You could tell the good Patisseries by the lines of people rolling out the doors.  It was so fun.  I haven’t even touched the flower shops.  They were amazing.    Although I couldn’t justify buying flowers just for them to die on a 6 hour car ride back to Weinheim.  C’est la Vie!

4 comments:

Christene said...

A perfect ending. I love the idea of getting fresh goods every day. Wouldn't that be so fun? And flowers too, what a lovely thought. Merry Christmas Thoming Family!!!

Shannon said...

It sounds like everything there is adding up to one amazing trip. I hate to admit it, but I'm totally green! The pictures are all so wonderful. Merry Christmas!

Megan said...

What a fun adventure in Paris! I was there during the World Cup - if you thought traffic was bad this week, try adding millions of crazy "football" fans! It's a bummer that going to the top of the Eiffel Tower is so expensive now...my mom and I went up it and it is an undescribable sight! There is a picture of us on this blog post: http://lipsfamily.blogspot.com/2008/12/day-29-world-travel.html. However, it looks like the Arc didn't disappoint. Thanks for making us all a part of the fun!

Merry Christmas!

Carmell said...

Sounds so amazing! What a great experience for your family! I hope you had a great Christmas!