Friday, December 12, 2008

Heidelberg Christmas Market

On Wednesday night and Thursday we went to the Heidelberg Christmas Market.  Magical is all I can say.  We went on Wednesday night after Mike came home from work.  Unfortunately, it was dark, which made it beautiful, but not easy to photograph the way I like.  So, the girls and I had to go back the next day.  Here are some of the pictures from the day.

Cute girls emily on a ride  Hannah & Emily market platz IMG_1070 IMG_1110 Market skating in Heidleburg Heidelburg Castlepink telephone box

I knew this place was for me when I saw the pink telephone booths!  I have always thought that telephone booths were so cool.  Weird, I know.  The girls and I tried some yummy food while were there.  We had a banana and Nutella crape, bratwurst and some delicious sauerkraut potato mixture that looked totally gross but was great!

ymmoSaurkraut and potatoes

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I LOVE EUROPE!!! Enjoy every minute of it (as I wipe the drool from my mouth--banana nutella crepe...YUM!)

The VanderHoevens said...

Okay - seriously I am going to have to stop reading your blog if you keep doing such fun things. Heidelberg was the first city I served in on my mission and I miss it terribly.

Looks like you are all having a great time. I guess that is a good thing.

-Jeff

Christene said...

Aaah the castle, aaah the phone booths, aaah the trees. I am so living vicariously through you right now. Everything is so beautiful and just like you said, magical. I think that's what time does to things, gives it all a little coating of magic. You look great in your warm white coat. Still miss you.

Megan said...

I love weird, gross-looking German food! So yummy!

One of my cousins went to Germany last year just to visit the Christmas markets. Looks like so much fun!

Janeen said...

That looks amazing! I love hearing about you adventures in a foreign land. Hope your girls get feeling better.

Thompson Family said...

How wonderful! I am glad you are getting out and about. What are the girls thinking about everything?