Friday, November 14, 2008

Day Fourteen – Travel

I grew up with a mother who traveled the world before she turned 25.  I remember being fascinated with her glamorous stories of voyages on the sea with handsome ships officers. Invitations to sit at the Captain’s table every night, all in the age of pill box hats and   Jackie O dresses. Her tales of India, Japan, South America, Australia, the South Pacific and Europe were epic.  I have never been jealous of her life, but I have looked forward to being able to see for myself the pictures of her stories.  When I got married, I never thought that my husband would have the same experience, for the most part without me!  The green eyed monster started to creep in when he would tell me his tales of Turkey, Japan and Germany, not to mention all over the United States.  What I am grateful for, are the opportunities I have had to see a few places around this wonderful country of ours.  I have loved going to Hawaii, the Pacific Northwest, California, Virginia, Georgia, South Dakota and Idaho.  I love seeing new country and learning about the locals and their fun spots to experience.  I  am also incredibly grateful for the chance that we have to travel to Germany in a few weeks as a family.   Mike is being sent there for a few weeks for work, so we thought we would tag along.  We are so excited to spend most of December there, being able to celebrate the holidays, German style.  It seems that my ship has finally come in!  Now, if I could just figure out where to buy a pill box hat.  Just kidding!  I am so blessed to have this opportunity and to be able to share it with my family is priceless!

 IMG_0244PICT2496  PICT2417 St. George002 PICT0025 Spring Vacation0202007 04 02 020 KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA Williamsburg0013 Virgina Beach0012EdinburghChristmasMkt2003-076

4 comments:

Megan said...

I love Germany (although I like England better - probably because I speak the language)! My mom and I took a Rhein River cruise in Germany that was spectacular. There were castles and villages and so much history! I bought a music box in Munchen, which bit the dust a few years ago when the shelf fell off the wall...a source of disappointment for some time now. I guess I just need to go back... :)

The Mullins said...

UMMMMM you need to call me?!!!

Chrissy said...

Vacations are great!! How fun for you guys to all be able to go to Germany together!!

Christene said...

Traveling sounds like so much fun. I have been limited to the tri state area for some time now, but I'm dreaming big. For now, I live vicariously through you, so have lots of fun and take gads of pictures. This is going to be quite the experience!