Yesterday I had my semi-annual visit to the dentist (no cavities Mom) and on my way home I got to thinking about how lucky we are to have wonderful Doctors and Dentist. Let’s just set aside the disastrous state that the healthcare system, in general is in, I am talking about the wonderful men and women who take care of us and our families. I am grateful that they took the time to complete all of the schooling, usually with great sacrifice by them and their families. I am grateful for the hours they spend perfecting their skills and knowledge. I am grateful that we live in a country that has an abundance of these educated people. If I have a sore tooth or a bad cough all I need to do is make a phone call and an office visit and then I have the necessary medication to take care of my problem. This doesn’t even touch the catastrophic accidents and illness that some people have to deal with. Imagine living in Africa and having breast cancer. Here in the U.S. you would have a team of healthcare professionals taking care of you and you would have a rather positive prognosis. In rural Africa you would, die. So today, I am grateful for our healthcare system, no matter how broken it is. At least we have one.
No comments:
Post a Comment