Friday, November 21, 2008

Day Twenty-One - Gatherings

All right, so I have totally fallen behind on my Thanksgiving blogging goal.  The Holidays can do that to ya.  So, today I need to play catch-up.  For day 21 I am grateful for fun gatherings.  I love gatherings of any kind. Formal, non-formal, impromptu and ones that take months to plan, I love them all.  Nothing beats getting together with good friends.  Some of my favorite are the crazy, giggle filled ones, like the Twilight premiere.

  twilight_bigteaserposter Twilight%2BNight%2B019

Who says at thirty-four you can’t get together with your best girl friends and act like a group of twelve year olds.  O.k. we weren’t that bad, but it was fun to get a little twitterpated over a cute teenage vampire.  It was so much fun we had to do it twice!  The husbands thought we were a little weird when we called to let them know we were heading to a second screening, but who cares.  They will never understand anyway, so why try to explain.

I love the gatherings for Holidays with family and friends.  We don’t have any family in Las Vegas, so generally for thanksgiving we get together with friends who are in the same boat.  This year we spent a lovely, low key day with the Taylor family.  It’s so wonderful to split the work and enjoy new traditions.  It was great.

IMG_0956 IMG_0955

I could go on and on.  I love the lunch dates at Cafe Rio or gathering at someones home for lunch.  I love playgroup and church gatherings.  I love any kind of party you can throw at me.  So, today I am grateful for fun gatherings big and small.

No comments: